Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello! Happy December!!!

Wow! December already!! Thanksgiving was wonderful!! Truly! I had family in and everything turned out great! I feel so blessed to have such a crazy and awesome family!! The food was super delicious! Some of the highlights were: Honey BBQing the turkey in the back yard which turned out delightfully moist and tasty. My Sister made a new {to me} stuffing that had sausage in it and that was so yummy, I had an incredible hard time staying away from it. {I did gain 1.4lbs this week! Just keeping that real!} My Sisters and Family laughed a lot, ate a lot and of course did a little crafting!!

My Niece shared with me a web site that I had never heard of but was super fun... Cut Out + Keep from it we made little stuffed owls..

These owls are from the two youngest members of the craft team! A D O R A B L E!
Unfortunately...everyone took home their owls with them before I was able to get a picture with them all together! Everyone of them turned out beautiful and fun though!! Success!!!

The next day we painted rocks. Painted rocks?! Yes....we painted rocks! Our intention was to paint them and them leave them all over town on our travels...perfect for making someone else have a smile! The idea that made me want to do it came from Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty but really I've been seeing it everywhere, Renton Rocks and my favorite, Color Me Katie Here are a few we did....

While I went to the gym, half of the crew went to the mall....I forgot about taking pictures of the dried rocks but the Kids didn't forget to take them....they placed them here and there and when they were done shopping retraced their steps.....ALL the rocks were gone!! Found new homes!! There was a cat one and a mustache one....one that looked like a a gourd, painted orange that said "Eat More Squash", ones that said things and some that didn't but they were all fun....and ALL were gone by the time they came out of the mall! The Kids came running into the house to tell me that they were all picked up!! They loved it!! I was bummed that I didn't get pictures of all of them before they were placed and I was a little sad that I didn't go to get pictures of the actual placement but Mall shopping on Thanksgiving weekend...NOT for me....its okay though....another batch is going to be made soon {LOVE}....and I'll make sure I get pictures next time!!!

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of blessings and Family and Love!!

Now that December is here I'm gonna try to do a December Daily. If you don't know what a December Daily is... you can check out Ali Edwards posts on it....basically its an accounting of your life in the month of December! I think it will be a wonderful thing to bring out each year to see what the previous year before was like! Like I said....I'm gonna try!!

I downloaded these free number tags from Cathe Holden's Spool Advent Calender! {Which is so fun!} I printed them directly onto card stock to use in my little album....I'll show you as it progresses!!

I'm off...Hopefully your having a great day!!! Happy December!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You So Much for Taking the Time to Leave Me a Comment!!! I appreciate them!! Have a Happy Kind of Day!! Colleen

Related Posts with Thumbnails